Monday, August 18, 2008

Some Pics from MI

It's early in the morning and Jade is still sleeping. I noticed pics from our trip had already been downloaded to the computer, so I thought I would post just a few.

Our flight in went pretty well and Jade seems pretty happy and healthy. It is taking her awhile to warm up to a lot of the family, but she doesn't seem to have any problems playing with her Aunts. She really loves the piano. Here is Jo playing with her.
When I left for a short walk to the family garden Jade wasn't to happy about that. So she sat on Great Grandma's lap with her blankie.
Mom decided to make some wonderfully delicious homemade bread from scratch yesterday. She ground the wheat herself and everything. I, however, I'm very allergic to fresh ground flour (well, I sneeze like crazy) so Travis took me for a canoe ride around the pond to show me were all the turtles sun themselves while Mom ground wheat. Here I am pretending to paddle. I actually didn't paddle the whole time. Travis said he could do it better:)
Travis caught a turtle to show Jade. She liked poking it's head and watching the turtle push it's head in and out of it's shell.
"Where's the turtle?"
Before church on Sunday morning Grandpa Bechtle played piano and Jade joined him.
This is a Sunday morning pic with her Grandpa's

2 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

So cute! I wish I was there!

Cristy said...

Glad you're having fun. Come "home" soon!!!