Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter Everyone!

When I lived in Michigan we often had snowy, cold Easters, moving to Washington I did think/hope that maybe Easters here would be a bit warmer. But, they aren't. Thankfully we have had no snow today, but lots and lots of rain.

We started our day at church. Having gotten there a bit early we let Jade hang out with us in the sanctuary before her Sunday school class started. Instead of sitting in the chair, this is what she did.
Goofball.

After church we came home and I finished making "Hot cross buns" while Jade napped. They didn't quite turn out how I had hoped, but it was my first time ever making them.
Here is a picture of our cherry pie. I was proud of the little rabbit cut out I did:)
After nap time, skype-time with grandparents, lunch/dinner time and all around "Chill time" we let Jade open a little gift we got for her.
Side walk chalk.
She was thrilled to try out her "crayons" and so we let her go out in the garage (since it was raining pretty hard) to use them. Being it was fairly cold out, I had her put on boots and a jacket.
She and daddy got a lot of coloring time in while I "hid" easter eggs around the living room.
Jade found the easter egg hunt very exciting and quickly found all her eggs.
Even though I hid them so well...I didn't think she'd find the one by the footstool (hee, hee)

After collecting all her eggs she had to count them all and make sure they were all there.
This is Jade putting all her eggs in one basket;) (har, har, har)
After her egg hunt Jade helped me turn the Easter eggs into devil eggs (or "filled eggs" for those who are offended by the other name, hee, hee).

And that's pretty much our day. Hope everyone had a fabulous Easter!

2 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

Jadey is a cutie! You are a good pie maker...shoot...I thought I'd be better than you at that! lol! Looks delish, and the rabbit cut out is pretty amazing!

Anonymous said...

Too fun!
Li