Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Cookies

While my darling children were taking their naps I decided to surprise them with some sweet little Easter egg cookies.

These aren't just Easter egg cookies , these are Easter egg cookies that are competing with the pretty yellow ones displayed at Panera for the past month and a half. I promised my Jadey girl that I could make ones just as good, if not better, and for a quarter of the cost.

I'm pretty sure I nailed that. hee, hee

Sugar Cookies:
2.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
.2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup sugar
.5 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix softened butter, sugar and egg and vanilla till light and fluffy.  Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to butter mixture until just combined. Roll in a ball, wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for an hour.

Roll out and cut into desired shapes. These are 3" Egg shaped cookie cutters. Made 20
Bake at 375 for 8-10 min. Let cool completely before icing

Royal Icing:
4 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons meringue powder
6-8 tablespoons water

mix until stiff peaks form.

For icing decorations, I'd recommend searching Pinterest for "Easter Egg Cookies" you'll get TONS of inspiration. Its was a bit overwhelming for me actually.

1 comment:

Nic Ridley said...

Yes, they are perfect as all your baking endeavors are. :-)