Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our state Fair...er...City Fair:)

I am having this HUGE urge to run to the movie store and rent "Our State Fair" I love that old musical. *sigh* However, I've made the guys in my house watch so many girlie movies lately I'm not sure if they would tolerate another one...and a musical no-less:) Hee, hee.

Anyway, the reason I'm wanting to watch the movie though, is because today my friend and I and our little kiddos went to the local Fair today!! It was so much fun. Only a few miles from my house so at around 11:30 I got ready, packed Jade and our things in my bike and we road off to meet our friends at the Fair.

The fair was lots of fun, they had all sorts of animals (cows, horses, sheep, goats, rabbits, cats, dogs, hogs, baby hogs, lamas and zebra donkeys called...Zadonks (or something like that). They had a petting zoo for the little ones, and shows for all ages. We even got to take a ride around the fair in a horse drawn carriage. Oh, they had bees there as well, so we got free little honey sticks to suck on.

Aside from the animals and fun things to look at, their also was super yummy Fair food (corn dogs, anyone?) and I had the biggest laugh watching Jade eat her very first snow cone (yes it got everywhere). Her little friend liked it as well and they made a huge mess together.

They had all sorts of rides for kids of all ages. Jade liked the Carousel best. We got the only horse on the Carousel that bounced and hopped while making its turns, so it was a very interesting ride.

As the day was winding down (and the kiddos started to get cranky) We all decided to end our adventure with a walk through the house of mirrors. Jade and her friend LOVED the house of mirrors (of course) while I found it a bit depressing, so I chose to look down at my daughter the whole time instead of around at myself *grin*. At the very end of the tour we had to take turns sliding down a big curvy slide to make our exit. Normally I have no problems sliding down huge slides with Jade on my lap. however, this time I some how managed to slip very oddly on my bottom and as we zoomed down the slide the very tip of my knee got plastic burned by the side of the slide. Waaa!! it hurts so bad. It took off a dime size section of very thin skin and turned a vibrant red.
Mostly I just felt like a dork, but it did hurt pretty bad as well. After that I was ready to call it a day. We did manage to take a trip to the petting zoo and the ice-cream stand before getting back on our bike and heading home. Ah, so fun. Everyone should have a little country, city or state fair to go to in the summer.

2 comments:

Sarah M. said...

Which State Fair movie is your favorite? I know there've been a few versions.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!! I really want to see that movie too!! Go figure we had a fair here in grand Haven. We didn't get to go but it was the thought and atmosphere right? lol