Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Fourteen days of being a Mommy of two

It's only been fourteen days since my little angel joined our family. I have to admit it does seem like a lot more time has past. I mean, we are already getting out and about, have already had company (mom and sis, jo) already had doctor visits, been peed on, had a baby bath, been to church, etc...just seems like life is already back to where it was before, just with an extra little tag along.

Aside from a few very sleepless nights, most things are going very well. He eats, sleeps, eats, sleeps, etc...Jade is still quite the little helper, jumping to get his pacifier or blankets or whatever he may need. If he's crying and I'm not right there she will dance around in her greatest attempt to entertain him to keep him from crying more.

Today I took them both to the post office, while standing in line his pacifier popped out more then one time and immediately Jade popped it back in for him, assuring him that he was "such a cute baby".

I'm doing very well myself. Feeling strong and healthy, a bit sleep deprived and perhaps forgetful and clueless at times, but good. My Mother-in-Law come to visit and help this weekend and I'm looking forward to her time out here. I know Jade is going to love the extra spoiling. She still seems confused as to why Grandma M had to leave already. Asking questions like "she had to go to her home? To sleep in her bed? When is she coming back?"

I'm sitting here, sipping my chai tea and listening to the quietness of my house full of sleeping babies. I did try to nap when they napped, however, as soon as I feel into my deep slumber the phone rang. Really must looking into unplugging the phone when I try to nap. Now I'm up and planning to tackle some light house work and do some reading.

2 comments:

GJ and Vicka said...

I wonder what grandma M did with Jade?:)
Vicka

Amy K said...

So glad things are going well for you! I enjoyed baby #2 so much more because I was more confident and I also was more mindful of how fast the time goes and wanted to cherish each moment. Cutter is a handsome little guy. I'm so happy for you guys.