Saturday, April 17, 2010

I have two precious kids

I still can't quite get over the fact I have two little, amazing kids right now. Seeing Jade interacting with Cutter has been such a joy. He is her "cute" baby and she makes sure to tell us that every time she see's him. And I mean EVERY time. She has also started to point out the fact that "he has eyeballs, there are his eyeballs" she'll say.
Granted, she still needs her Jade time with Mommy, so having had Grandma M and then Grandma B visiting has been VERY helpful. Not only have both the grandma's helped me with the cleaning and cooking, they have also kept the kiddos happy and let me take afternoon naps EVERY day. Grandma B left this morning and I have to say I'm not really sure what I'm going to do now.

Yesterday we all went to the Farmers Market. We walked around and enjoyed the warmer weather. Oh and Peggy bought some "Jerusalem Artichokes" I had never heard of one before yesterday...so that is why I must post about it.

After the market we took a stroll along the harbor and ended up at the little park downtown. Jade played her heart out, enjoying this twirlly toy with the help of Grandma twirling it for her:)
Grandma also held baby Cutter so I could play a bit with Jade, and to keep him from getting to grumpy.
This morning after feeding baby and just hanging out in bed with my super cool lap top, I took some time to talk with Cutter and smile at him. To my sheer joy he responded with a smile back. I figured it was a mistake, but kept right on smiling and talking back to him and he smiled at me TWO more times!!! I'm so excited. It is wonderful when your tiny baby starts to smile at you!
Needless to say I'm one happy momma right now!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I saw the smile, too, and it's real! :) So cute.