Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Getting to see Danny and Cutter six weeks old

My brother Danny was out visiting family in Michigan this past weekend to celebrate Nate's graduation. On his way back to Alaska he realized he had a layover in Seattle for about four hours. So, he gave me a call and asked if me and the kids could come keep him company. I haven't seen Danny in a LONG time...perhaps more then a year, so I was really excited to get to see him. We picked him up at the airport and went out to Red Robin for a late lunch and some hanging out time. Jade LOVED getting to hang out with "Uncle Danny" and spent most of the time poking at him and asking to be picked up. After lunch we walked around the South Center mall and Danny picked up a birthday gift for Vicka (Happy Birthday Vicka!). Sadly he couldn't stay for to long, so after that we took him back to the airport and away he went. I seriously think Jade thinks all family lives at the airport. lol
Yesterday, Tuesday, was the official six week mark for little Cutter. He smiles all the time now, especially after feedings when he wants to coo and talk or when Jade is paying him extra special attention. Like this morning when Jade dressed him up to "look like a person" with her purple blanket and his burp cloth. He seemed to think that was quite fun.
I'm loving life with my two cute kids and feeling really good. Rest comes and goes, but normally I get 4-5 hours of sleep, at a time, at night, so I'm doing pretty good for the most part. In case anyone was wondering:)

No comments: