Friday, February 04, 2011

Raspberry pancakes with bananas and maple syrup

I'm getting excited about Valentines day. Not because I'm such a hardcore romantic that the idea of a day set aside, each year, just to celebrate love thrills me. No, instead I'm excited because I have a four year old daughter who loves Princesses and dress up, and red is her favorite color and telling her friends how much she loves them is one of her top priorities in life. And this year, she is looking forward to Valentines day!
Not to mention, my brother, his wife, and their two daughters and son will be visiting here in Washington and I'll get to have a whole passel of kiddos to celebrate Valentines day with!

With Valentine's day on the brain, our morning breakfast was thus inspired.

Raspberry pancakes (regular buttermilk pancakes in which I dumped a whole bunch of raspberries in) with sliced bananas and 100% pure maple syrup drizzled on top. YUM!

That combined with my hazelnut flavored coffee creamer coffee...and my morning has been off to a good start.

Oh, and I have a really cool neighbor who was able to stop by and got to indulge in our little morning treat as well. Then she carted off my daughter to go watch a movie for "movie morning friday!". And here I am, home with a sleeping 10mon old...writing a blog post about pancakes. What could be better?

No comments: