Monday, December 11, 2006

Cutting down our Christmas Tree

I couldn't wait for Saturday to arrive. JB and I had planned to go and get our Christmas tree and I was going to decorate our house for Christmas! This would be my first time to go out in the woods and find us a tree to chop down ourselves and bring home. I must admit I was slightly nervous about doing this ourselves. However, JB wasn't the least concerned and so away we drove.
We pulled up to the tree farm and were promptly handed a saw and pointed in the right direction. Then out of the car we got and searched and searched the grounds for the perfect tree. At last it was found. I figured I'd have to help JB in some way, I once tried to cut a small tree down with a saw and it was the worst/hardest experiance of my life. But nope, JB got down, sawed away and before I had time to waddle over to help hold the tree "Ta Da!" it was done. He grabbed it with one hand and hauled it to our car.


I was speechless! It didn't take any effort at all! My big muscle man *flittering eyes*

At any rate...I wish I had brought my camecorder with me to docoment the exciting occasion, but alas...it didn't cross my mind til later. Still without a regular camera I'm afraid I'll have to wait til after Christmas to post pictures of our adorable home. Everything looks lovely and I'm totally in the mood for Christmas now.

Hmm...I think I shall wrap more presents today!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Awesome picture! Glad you guys had fun. JB is soooo buff! lol

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your house and tree. Your cartoon tummy is SO cute! Yesterday, Amanda and I were looking your first cartoons that I have have saved. Remember the first one? :) -Kara