Thursday, February 08, 2007

Three different lives

Sometimes I feel as though I have lived three different lives. The life I lived at home, the short time I lived all on my own, and now my married life. I was looking at pictures today from my home life, single life, and now married life and came to this deep realization. *grin*

Isn't it interesting how God places you in certian circumstances or with certian friends for only a time? Why is it there are people who have been in my life, that have impacted me in a HUGE way that I no longer talk to any more? It was as though God threw them into my life to make some point and then pulled them back out after the lesson was learned, or whatever the reason they had been there.

It makes me sad to think about, I miss many of the people in my past. I am so grateful to my old friends who helped me along the way and were influentual in making me the person I am today. I guess it reminds me to not take any one for granted, even those who I may not really like:) Because a few years from now (or who knows maybe a few days) I may look back and see just how much God used people in my life to bless me.

Anyway, this is a random sort of post. I guess, in some ways, I wish all the old friends of my childhood and teenage years could read this and know how much I love them and am grateful to them for being my friend, even if it was just for a short time.

Life goes by fast, I am happy God gives us moments of stillness and calm so we can reflect on His grace and mercy in our lives.

1 comment:

KriSTeN said...

hey Melissa! man i cant believe it's you! you have grown up! hahaha... i hope you remember me. i'm Kristen Bearden (now Herrington) visit my blog and maybe you will remember... gosh i cant believe it's been so long since i have seen you and your family. your baby is gorgeous. how is your family? how is Vanessa? and Greg? you look so happy and i am very happy for you! God is so good isn't He? let me know if you remember me! talk to you later!