Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Another walk

This morning was rainy and cold, I didn' think any outdoor activites would be possible. But by the afternoon the sun came out! Jade was laying in her crib and begged me to take her out for a walk in our nice new stroller. So, I bundled her up, grabbed my tennis shoes and off we went.
We saw many interesting things on our walk today, a few of the most memorable was the lady walking the skinniest, tiniest dog we had ever seen. As she was crossing the street with her miniture animal, she flipped her backpack to her other shoulder and a great big fish fillet...raw...came flying out of the pack. At first I thought it was a long slab of bread, but as we got closer to her I realized it was a fish. She walked over to her dirty piece of fish, looked around and then simply shrugged and walked away.
A little further down the road was a man in black with a scruffy beard and a huge Pepsi in his hand. When we first started following behind him, I thought he was talking to people who passed by us. But as we went further and no people were present I realized the man was mumbling what appeared to be poetry to himself. It was loud enough that I could hear his poem, but with cars passing I couldn't catch entire sentances and wondered if it was simply something he was making up as he went along.

Once Jade and I reached the port we decided to stop for a short break to take a picture. Here she is in her new stroller...

...and this is the close-up. Doesn't she look peaceful?
Walking back home we ran into many teenagers crowded around street corners, smoking and drinking colas. Guys in auto shops yelled at each other only to hush and stare as Jade and I strolled passed. One auto shop garage you could see inside the whole thing, plastered on the walls were old coca cola pin-up girl pictures that looked like they had been there for 30 years.
We passed the seafoam green thunderbird with "pilates" on the license plate...that car is always in the same spot every single day. A lady and her small son commented on how tiny Jade was and a boy and a girl couple were fighting so bad with each other I thought someone was gonna get hit.
The couple fighting upset poor Jade and we hurried home as fast as we could. By the time we got there though, Jade and fallen asleep, so I parked the stroller and decided to do some gardening. *sigh* I just love spring!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What a great walk! I'm glad Jade was able to go to sleep after those mean people were fighting...