Friday, March 09, 2007

Its all about the smiles

Jade wouldn't stop smiling/laughing at me today. There she was at my feet in her bouncy chair, while I worked for a few hours. Every few minutes I'd look down and there she would be showing off her beautiful smile.
Smiling for Jade can be a huge effort. She'll arch her back and reach her arms into the air and then, as though she is giving it all her strength she will flash a great big smile.
She usually follows up a smile with more stretches and giggles...it is very precious to watch.

I took this pic, cause my silly little girl loves to get her diaper changed. After she is all nice and clean she'll just lay on the changing table smiling up at me. Its as though she is giving me a "Thank you" for all the icky work of changing her diapers. lol
I know all I ever post these days is pictures of the baby, but with a face like that...who wouldn't be pulling their camera out every two seconds:)
Happy friday friends, hope you all have a great weekend!


4 comments:

Amy K said...

Aw, I love those first smiles and giggles. They are so precious. Plus, it's nice to have your baby finally acknowledge you exist, isn't it?

Carrie said...

I cannot believe she is so CONTENT. Joshua has fits if he's ignored for more than 10 minutes. He definitely cannot stay the only child or else we'll be in major trouble.

I have a feeling I'm going to be jealous of her contentedness this July! Sigh. Some people have it so easy. ;D haha (right. What mother has it easy -- exactly?)

Kristen said...

She is delightful, Missi!

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Jade's smiles are absolutely adorable!