Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sometimes you just need a grilled cheese

I know by now I should be use to the rain and shouldn't care or worry that it's raining again. After all...it didn't rain yesterday (or...not when I needed to be out) and the day before I think I was in the garden (er...area that I hope to turn into a garden). So why is it when the rain comes down I think "Not another rainy day!". Sometimes you just need a grill cheese to make you happy. On rainy days that is what I want, a nice, crispy, cheesy, delicious grilled cheese. Yum! It's not yet lunch time, but those are my lunch time plans.

I painted a wall in our family room/loft on Sunday and today I'm painting the other wall. So fun! It's a sage green color. You should come over and see it. And when I say "you" I mean who ever is reading this that lives near by and wants to come visit me:) Or who lives far away and wants to come visit me. If you come I'll make brownies. I LOVE brownies!

Yesterday Jade and I went on our first official bike ride together. I wish I had a pic, Jade was so cute bopping around behind me and humming to herself. Her little helmeted head I could hear lightly tap one side of the baby bike seat and when I'd turn it would tap the other. I'm sure we made quite the pair.
I had high hopes of biking today with her again...we were gonna go to the gym together. Alas...the rain has thwarted my plans and I am left to mull over a grilled cheese and the smell of paint.

In happier news I was shopping online today for some fancy new swim wear for our cruise trip in May. Hurray for me! I think I found what I wanted...and on super, duper sale! I'm so excited! It's ordered, I'll try it on and see if it is what I have always dreamed of. *grin* And if not, I'll probably have to type another blog post and eat some grilled cheese.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Grilled cheese and brownies sound good--I might just have to make that for lunch today myself!

I know what you mean about the rain--I won't even mention to you the forecast for the next 10 days...

I shall come visit you soon and shall behold your amazing paint job. :) And I think Dom. Soph. needs to see your swimwear...

GJ and Vicka said...

Ok Missi:)
You gave me a wonderful idea for lunch as I was wondering myself what I want to make:) Thank you thank you!!!!
-Vicka

GJ and Vicka said...

So I made two grilled cheese:one for me and one for Emma. It was my second time ever I was making it, and it came out better then when I made it the first time. Anyway my point is... Do you cook it on a slow fire? Do you put butter first? How you cook it with less smoke?
-Vicka

SES said...

Yeah, I was gonna ask the same thing- I normally grill it in the toaster oven, but I've had it where people cooked it in a frying pan with lots of butter, and that was artery-cloggin goodness right there!

Michelle said...

Good ole grilled cheese, yum!!!!