Saturday, May 10, 2008

Our Cruise

Here are a few pictures from our Cruise trip last week:) Enjoy!

Above is Jonathan and I on the top deck while still in the Long Beach Harbor.

This was our fabulous miniature golf course. Sadly, they put it on the top deck as well and so playing with all the wind was a bit tricky. Still, I'm pretty sure I beat Jonathan by about two whole points.

Here we are in Catalina, it was very chilly but a beautiful day!

A couple came up to us and in broken English said, "we take your picture if you'll take ours, please?" Of course we said "sure!"

Since it was a bit too cold to lay out the first couple of days, I did indulge in some of the silly entertainment provided. Here I am with a group of ladies dancing the Electric slide, er...trying to.

Formal night.

In Ensenada, Mexico we took an excursion to Fox Studies where they built the set and filmed "Titanic." We also got to see many random props from other movies. Including one of my favs..."XMen".

As well as the fountain from "Hello, Dolly!"
Of course, Titanic and...
The main ship used in "Master and Commander." Very cool.

No cruise can be complete without the towel animal buddies. I always loved coming back to our room to greet one:)

The last day of our cruise it got warm enough to lay out. So I took full advantage of that. Even got a little bit of color. Hurray!

This is us after some sun sitting in a lounge waiting for the show to start.

This is at the end of our cruise, we were back in Long Beach killing time before our taxi came. Next to where our ship docked was the "Queen Mary" which has now been turned into a hotel. I just took a picture for the heck of it:).

Glad to be back and hanging with my baby, but we did have a great time!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Fun, fun, fun! Looks like you had a great time! We missed ya here!

GJ and Vicka said...

That is wonderful, Missi! I am so happy for you gyes that you took that special time off:) How was Jade doing without you?

Nic Ridley said...

You guys looked like you had a GREAT time! Missi you looked so cute and stylish! I hope you posted picture on the DS blog!

Nic Ridley said...

Your grandpa John was born in Long Beach right after the 1933 earthquake. His mom claims that the one wall of the hospital she birthed him at was gone from the quake! Also, Aunt Cathy had her first wedding on a ship like the one from Master and Commander right there in that harbor! When I was a teenage, we went to Encenada. but it was just desert then. There wasn't anything to see. I couldn't figure out why you were going there!!! Now I see why. lol

Amy K said...

How fun! I'm glad you and Jonathan got to get away. Long Beach is my hometown. I lived there the first 21 years of my life. :)