Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Comet, I've missed you

I grew up cleaning bathroom, tubs, toilets, floors and sinks with Comet. I use to hate the powdery stuff because if you weren't careful you could make a HUGE mess. Eventually I found other cleaners that I thought worked much better. Scrubbing bubbles turned into my favorite for a very long time.
Then, since being married, I've switched to more natural or organic brands that I see or have heard of. Trying to use good and "safe" chemicals for cleaning my home. However, my bathroom never seems to look, feel or smell CLEAN! Maybe it's just been me, not enough elbow grease or something.

This morning after seeing my shower (which I clean nearly every week and use that stupid shower spray every day) I decided something had to be done. Off to Wal-mart I went, picked up some fruit and some Comet.

I put Jade in front of "Aristocats" and armed in my adorable cleaning gloves (they are red with pink cherries on the top) I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed my shower. Then I did the toilet, sinks, mirrors and lastly the floor. Let me tell you. It all looks AMAZING!! The chrome in my shower is actually SPARKLING...sparkling I tell you! My floor is perfect, no caked on hairspray. I'm so happy!! Granted, I do need to invest in one of those breathing masks...but it was all worth it. Comet, my old friend, I have missed you and your amazing ability to clean some of the toughest messes.

3 comments:

Missi said...

I know, I will. I figure this is a once in awhile...like every six months...kind of cleaning product. Nothing else seemed to work!

GJ and Vicka said...

I guess I need COMET to get my big cleaning done:)
Vicka

Sarah: said...

Love the suggestion, I feel what I use doesn't work either. It might even inspire me to clean the bathroom today!

Off to go try! :-)