Thursday, August 06, 2009

Sick

So I caught a cold the other day. It started out as a sore throat, then a head cold, then a fever (which only seemed to last about three hours) and now, this morning I just have a nasty runny nose. *sigh* Why do we have to get colds? Some times I wish we'd either always be healthy or be really sick. Like the kind of sick you have to stay in bed all day and you think you might die. Colds, they are so pathetic. They knock you out, make you feel like crap, but technically you are still completely function able. So trying to sleep the day away is near to impossible...because it's just a cold. Ya know?

Still, I spent most of yesterday laying around watching movies, taking naps and doing pretty much nothing. I think I laid on the floor of Jade's room for an hour or so while she played "princess castle" around me, but that was about as much playing with my child as I did.

Today it's not so bad. I've just used about a million tissues in the last hour, but my sore throat is gone. Praise God! Maybe those zinc lozenges my Mom told me to take really do make a difference:)

I'm looking forward to today, sneezing and all. JB, Jade and I are going to watch the Seahawks football team practice. I'm sure a lot of it will be really boring, but some of it will be really cool. I think it will be the perfect thing to get me motivated to work on my fantasy football team, so when we have our draft in a few weeks I'll be all set.

Anyway, hopefully my cold will dissapear soon so I can be 100% by the weekend. I have big plans afterall;)

No comments: