Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A good day

It has been a good day. My morning started with happy kids, followed by swim lessons and getting to spend time hanging out with a dear friend.
Home for lunch and nap times. I got to watch "Ugly Betty" while folding laundry and playing with my dear little baby Cutter.
I even found time for a 30min nap and ironing of shirts.

I didn't really have to cook all day today, just ate leftovers. Then after dinner we went to a friends house and I got my two children watched while I went for a 20min run/walk. The weather was warm but with a cool-ish breeze. The sky was blue, my music was up beat...such a good run/walk. When I got back Rachelle had brownies in the oven so her home smelled amazing and Jade and I were sent off with delicious treats.

Now I'm home, 20min till both my kiddos go down for the night, I have "Top Chef" recorded waiting for me to watch and now a yummy brownie to eat while I watch it. Ya gotta eat something when you watch Top Chef after all.

Not that this has anything to do with my day (other then the fact the sun was shining and the sky was so blue it had me thinking along this line...) I spent time reading "All new square foot gardening" I'm hoping to start my own little 4x4 box this Fall or at least get it built so this spring I can start a mini little salad garden. I really hope, hope, hope, I can have a little garden. I think it would be wonderful for Jade to watch things grow (and help plant and harvest) and it would make me feel so domestic. Plus, I want to be like my Mom and Nic who both have gardens. LOL

Anyway, I'm just in a very zen place at this moment and just had to type and tell you all. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missi, try to do two 2 x 4 garden boxes. 4 x 4 is hard to reach across. Just an idea from a friend who has experience with this. Jeanne