Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Art on a Tuesday afternoon

I was planning on working on my art projects while my kiddos were taking naps today. But...they didn't go down till later. So, instead of waiting I decided to let Jade paint and Cutter scream (well, not the whole time) while I fit in some fun art time. Below is the beautiful masterpiece that Jade created. What is it about children's art that looks like so much fun, full of depth and character? If I were to scribble on a page...not the same thing. :-(
I thought under taking the task of copy this picture would be fairly easy. I knew I couldn't get it to look the same but figured I'd at least get the colors and essence of the picture. Ya...not so much.
mixing paint colors is hard and layering is time consuming. This project is taking longer then I thought...and I have to say I'm a bit discouraged. So...this is as far as I have gotten today on it...maybe I'll do more tomorrow or later this evening.
now, my pottery barn kids art for Cutters room...that is going much easier. I know it's not the same (and I switched the truck for an anchor to stick with my theme)
but close enough. I love my new pics! And I only spent $8 on the canvases!!
I will probably hang them on the big wall, but for now (since Cutter is finally napping) I just put them up so I could take a picture of them:-)
hurray for summer time lazy afternoons and fun art projects!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

They look so good, Missi!

I can't wait to see the finished bird pic. :)

Grandpa B said...

Ask Jonathan about the art lessons he got from his grandma and grandpa when we first started home schooling. They even let me play with some of their oil paints! I did find out that this painting business doesn't go fast. The picture just gradually grows, like a flower, I guess. But if you don't worry about a deadline for finishing,you can relax and enjoy the process. I think you're off to a great start! And it's nice to have something like the anchor/boat project to encourage you.
Grandpa B