Thursday, November 04, 2010

Craft Day

Today I only had the girls for craft day, so I was thrilled to get to do a more girly sewing craft. We made "tooth" pillows. The girls helped trace the patterns, cut out the fabric and attempted to do some of the embroidery to write out the word "tooth". They tried to help with sewing but in the end just methodically put away the straight pins while I sewed up their little squares.
When it came time to stuff their pillows, however, they were more then eager and did a fantastic job with zero help from me! Then I finished the tops for them and here they are!

They say "tooth" on the felt with a funky drawing of a molar:) Good job girls! Now you only have a wait a year or two or three before you actually get to use them!
in hinds sight, I think it would have been fun to have added a handle to these pillows so they would have the option to hang them on their bedpost or door...making it easier on the "tooth fairy" to make the switch;)

No comments: