Sunday, November 28, 2010

A story of Thanksgiving pie

...but first pictures of my kids. Here is Jade with her babysitter, Yumi, at the Taylor's home where we spent Thanksgiving.
and my little Cutter butterball rolling around while I attempted to make a....pie.
There once was a tricky ol' pie crust,
that I found on the website right here
it looked super tasty
this fabulous pastry
I thought I had nothing to fear!
but then I baked up this pastry
complete with baked weights and good cheer
It shrunk down quite sadly
and made me quite madly
I knew all my friends would just jeer
I baked it up twice and it failed me.
The pastry that took up my day
Now I feel like a failure
an old rugged sailor
I won't type the words I would say

But the caramel now ladies and gents'
Was delicious and worth 50 cents
the cream, oh how scrumptious
Made me feel scrumdidli-umptious
And turned out quite perfect, I'll say.

The pie when done was okay dear
I layered the bananas with cream

Then Jade helped drizzle
The caramel-lious fizzle
and this story is all but a dream.
The end.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

You make me laugh Missi. Pie crust makes me crazy; so I buy it so I don't drive others insane. :)

Anonymous said...

My Mom always told me to not stretch the pie dough at all when you are putting it into the pie pan and to also prick the dough before baking it. I am a fan of your domestic blog. Just dropping by and thought I would offer my two cents. Thanks~Jan from Tacoma.

Missi said...

Thanks Jan! I did try the pricking with a fork and I also layered foil for the first 15min of baking and filled the foil with beans since I don't have pie weights. I think the problem was just to much butter in that dough! LOL next time I'll use shortening like I normally use:)