Monday, January 31, 2011

I made Risotto tonight!

I had bought arborio rice a few weeks ago with high aspirations to make some tasty risotto with it. And...I never did.

So today, I decided I'd go ahead and make some. I've never made it before, I was scared off by people telling me how time consuming it is. I no longer had the ingredients needed for the original recipe I wanted to try

so I used this Red Wine Risotto with Peas recipe and just didn't add the red wine, the onions or the fresh parsley. LOL
it still tasted really good. Cutter loved it, Jade loved, I loved it...Jonathan liked it. hahaha! And, I found the 40min it took to cook, I was able to make Italian chicken and a tasty salad, and still spent my usual amount of time cooking dinner in the kitchen. I will be trying new risotto recipes in the future!

1 comment:

Missi said...

oh, he ate THOSE peas:) LOL