Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Watercolors and new shoes

I use to enjoy doing little watercolors when I was in high school. I even managed to frame some of my creations and my Mom has them proudly displayed in her house. I feel like a little kid with pictures on the fridge every time I see them hanging in my parents house:)

Anyway, I haven't really painted much since high school, but a then a few days ago I decided our guest bathroom needed something on the walls. I didn't have anything that matched, so I decided to paint something. I even found a frame to a picture I wasn't planning on hanging in the house to use for my new picture. I now have the painting bug. I went to the craft store yesterday and bought some brushes and more watercolor paper. This afternoon I've been painting and listening to Frank Sinatra tunes.
My sister sent me a bunch of early birthday gifts this weekend, two of which were some brand new heals! Even though I am sick and I have no where to go I've been prancing around the house in my new shoes matched with ugly shorts and a t-shirt. Jade and I have been dancing to "Mack the Knife" and painting silly pictures. Ah, the joys of being a stay at home mom.

I was just thinking, I should invite over some of my stay at home girlfriends and we can all wear what ever we feel like and eat yummy snacks and paint and draw and play music. Wouldn't that be fun? But who has time to waste so much time...but me? LOL

Hope you all are having as nice a Tuesday as I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find some moms to party with missi, love jades pics with her dad! i'm glad you're having fun painting, our last paintings were really good! Love ya
-Li