Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Some pics from our AZ trip

Hi friends! We are back!! What a nice trip we had in AZ, I couldn't believe how warm it was in late October (80's and 90's, sunny and dry every day!). I have a couple hundred pics from the trip so I think I'll do a few posts on the visit instead of one really long one.

So here goes. On Saturday our gang of friends headed to Piestewa Peak (elevation is 2,608 feet) to do a little hiking. We left around 7:30am in hopes to avoid the really hot afternoon sun.

This was Jade's first hike...er...the first hike where JB carried Jade, perhaps I should say. He did a great job;) Here we are at the bottom getting all ready
This is us at the very beginning of the trail where our group was still all together.
Can you see Jade's pink hat in this pic?
Almost to the top!!
Jade was hanging on to her hat, in case it blew away. I like JB's face in this pic...he had it the worst since he had to carry the backpack:)
Here we are over looking the city.
This is our whole group, Bechtles, Bechtles and more Bechtles;) lol
JB, Jade and I headed back down first, since Jade wasn't to keen on just sitting at the top and enjoying the view. Here we are chilling in the shade til everyone else joins us.
It was a fun climb!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jade must be great at hiking, did she cry much? Glad you had fun, great pics!
-Li

Nic Ridley said...

I missed you while you were gone. :-(

Kristen said...

How fun! And nice job, Jonathan!