Wednesday, November 19, 2008

House wife.

Sometimes I find myself sitting around doing nothing. When I am in this state, there have been passing moments when I wonder "Gosh, what good "wife" type thing could I do to make my husband love me more? Or at least come home and think he is married to the best women ever".

I like to make these wondering thoughts end in some fantasy type thought such as: "absolutely nothing! You are the most perfect wife simply how you are!" I like to think that no amounts of make-up or clothes need to be added to make me look more beautiful. I also like to think that no amounts of house work, well behaved, dressed and washed child, warm, good smelling meals on the table, need to be done in order for my husband to ever question for a moment the choice he made in a wife.

But then, after these silly fantasy's pass, I do realize that sometimes I think the best thing I can do as a wife, is clean the house, care for the child, make myself look presentable, and cook a nice meal. Sometimes I think, really, that is all I need do to have my husband come home and greet me with a smile.

Is cleaning, cooking and mothering such a horrible chore? Well, sometimes...Yes! But then, often times. No, it really isn't. It isn't that difficult (well the cleaning and cooking part). A little dusting here, pick up toys there, vacuum the carpets, make the bed, do the dishes. Ta da, picked up, clean house. How long does it take me to do that anyway? And yet, I resent it. I want to be thought of as a good wife and a good mother without having to clean the house. Or cook the meals or...bath the child. (hee, hee)

What is my point? None. I was just wondering today what things I could do to make my husband feel loved, and then found myself thinking "huh, I could clean the bathroom". So, I cleaned the bathroom. Then I was sitting watching tv and also wondering if there was something more I should be doing. And that's when I noticed the floor rug and the crumbs under the table. So I got out the vacuum, broom and mop and in just a short amount of time had the floors vacuumed, swept and washed.
This won't garuntee me a happy husband at the end of the day, but I am hoping that perhaps it will grant me a happier husband then may have been had he entered his home and crunched on left over breakfast that had fallen off the table from this morning.

I'm a house wife. Plain and simple. Nothing exotic or luxurious about my job. But it's a job I can do, and sometimes I think I do well. And if being a house wife could some how make my husbands life some way easier...well, that makes me smile. At least it makes me smile for today.

Honey, if you read this, know I was thinking of you when I did my house chores today:) I Love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missi: I've been reading your blogs for a few months now and find you to be an extraordinary energetic, happy person/mother/wife. You are an inspiration to this 40ish stay home Mommy :) My family has been thinking of moving to Washington to be nearer my son in the Air Force. I was wondering what you think of the climate there. We currently live in Oklahoma. Again, great blog. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog and your little girl's adventures. She's a cutie too. Have a great day!
~DJ~

About this blog said...

What a good wife you are!

Missi said...

Hello DJ,

Glad to know there are other house wives out there like me, that enjoy reading my little blog:)
I like living in WA. Granted I haven't yet been here a full three years. I LOVE the summers, they are amazing. The falls are nice, the winters into spring though...SOOOO gloomy and rainy. It's not that bad most of the time, but there are some days when you wonder if the sun still hangs in the sky. lol!
The climate is very moderate, never to cold, never to hot it seems. Not much humidity in the summer, not to many bugs, summers are so beautiful!
Winters are rainy and cold, but not to cold, only snows a little bit here and there and nothing ever really sticks for very long. Anyway, I like it.
Missi

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! :-)

I love to read your blog!

-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting back so quick on the whole weather thing :) I was kinda afraid of the whole winter/fall thing. I'm just not sure I can handle that. I wonder if Oregon is the same? If I am going to experience winter, I would love some snow to play in with the kids :)
~DJ~

Jeanne said...

Housewife in not a nasty word, but I say you're not married to your house...you are a homemaker when you make your house nice for your husband, your child(ren) and yourself. Everyone has lazy days and everyone has times when they resent having to do what they have to do. Husbands, too. But I know your hubby loves you, and appreciates all you do for your family. And I think its true that when it comes down to the bottom line, your hubby does love you just the way you are.