Monday, November 10, 2008

Some days I miss my family

Some days I miss my family. I miss all the craziness, all the silliness, all the conversation, all the activity, all the people. Some days when I look around my house (especially if Jade is napping) I think "man, my house sure is quiet".

Sometimes I compensate for this, I compensate by talking to myself all day er...talking to "Jade" all day. The wonders of a one sided conversation. Though, she is getting better, she says a word here and there. I asked her a question earlier and she said "sure". lol

Today, I was missing my family and I didn't feel much like talking (sore throat), so I just kept busy. I kept busy from 7-10:30 by working for my job and making Jade sit on the potty. I kept busy from 10:30-12:00 by going through two closets and pulling everything out and reorganizing and throwing away things I didn't need, wrapping Christmas presents and re-hiding them (I'm not sure why I'm hiding them since they are for my family...who are 3000 miles away, but you can never be to careful). I also folded two loads of laundry and put two more loads in the wash.

Then from noon-1pm Jade and I ate lunch while watching a pre-recorded "Amazing race" show.

From 1-4pm I folded and put away another load of laundry, ironed three shirts and one pair of pants. Hemmed a new pair of pants, cleaned three bathrooms, dusted the house, swept the floor, washed the floor, cleaned out under my bed (don't ask), did the dishes, checked the mail, and made Jade sit on the potty.

Thinking I was just about ready to be done I saw Jade walk down the stairs in her rainboots and thought "ya, we need some fresh air" so, I got on my rainboots and we went outside and raked and bagged about a billion leaves. That took us an hour. Then dinner at 5pm and at 5:40 the doorbell rang and two cute kids came over to play while their mommy went to workout.

It's is now close to 7pm. I recently finished making a breakfast casserole for tomorrows MOPS meeting and the kids are all playing nicely in Jade's room.
I look horrible. My hair is nasty, my face is nasty, my clothes are nasty. My day isn't over yet, at 9pm I get to go to church and help setup for the MOPS meeting for tomorrow. J is at a friends watching Football so aside from this morning I haven't seen him today.

This has been a busy day for me, lots of little projects and things to make me feel like a super busy stay at home mom. But now that I have a break, with nothing much to do for the next two hours I realized, I miss my family and I wish they were here with me tonight to make me laugh. I can't wait till Christmas so I can see everyone. That will be nice. I'll have 10 whole days of being surrounded by people and most likely I won't have to talk to myself or find projects to keep me busy all day.

Update: Oh, and I just spilled half my cup of tea all over the keyboard. Nice.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

:( Christmas is just around the corner!

GJ and Vicka said...

I miss your family too!
-Vicka

Amy K said...

That's so great you're in a MOPS group. Isn't it fun?

Anonymous said...

Aw! I feel loved! I miss you too!!!!!
Li

Kristen said...

Wow, I think you accomplished more than most of us do in a week!