Monday, June 08, 2009

Cooking and hanging out...a bit of an update

Today I've spent a lot of my time cooking up some yummy food for my family and for a friend who just had twins!

Since it's been so warm lately, I decided to make this ice-cream sandwhich cake I had made last year. Go to KraftFoods to check out the "how to video" of this super simple, super yummy dessert!

Jade was not happy as she watched me crush up oreos, mix up pudding and layer ice-cream sandwhiches on top of one another without giving her a bite. I finally let her lick the whip cream spoon at the very end.

Now I'm making some easy chicken enchilada's and I have a pre-made bagged salad to join it.

It is very nice out. Not to warm, not to cold. I spent a little bit of time outside today just laying on the grass soaking up the sunshine.

After Jade woke up from her nap (and downed four baby bowls of cereal for lunch) we hopped on our bike and road over to a friends house to chat for a bit and borrow a book. It was SUCH a nice bike ride and didn't last near as long as it should have. I'm so glad Jade loves to bike as much as she does. Especially now that we are a two car family. It's really easy to just opt for the convenience of the car...but I do love biking and I'm glad I haven't stopped just because I have other options.

Tomorrow is my last day meeting with my personal trainer. I hired a personal trainer for 9 sessions. I met just once a week with her so this is week 9 for me. I haven't lost any weight, but I've become A LOT stronger and I can see there has been a difference in my body (toning up a bit maybe) even though the scale refuses to move.

I highly recommend Megan Dahlman if anyone is looking for a personal trainer.

"Mom's in the Park" started last Tuesday. Every Tuesday a bunch of Moms from our church/MOPS meet at various parks around the city from 10-1. Its' lots of fun and any one is welcome to join (even if they don't have kids). If you ever want to join me for some fun park time, give me a call or send me a message and I'll let you know what park we are meeting at!

Wednesday I'm looking forward to hopefully going shopping with a friend and just hanging out again.

Thursday evening my Mom and four of my younger siblings will be visiting us for a week. I can't wait! I want to show them so many places and introduce them to all my friends. I love my life here in Washington so anytime I get to share it with my friends or family I get super excited. Besides...I just like getting to see my family.

After my family leaves my In-Laws will be coming. We get to hang out with them for just two days and then JB and I are off to Hawaii! JB for work, me for pleasure. It will be fantastic!

Anyway...there is an update of sorts. Take care all!

No comments: