Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baby on my mind

As my eight month nears it's end all I can think about is upcoming baby time drawing near! Yesterday I did some washing and drying and actual preparing for babies arrival. I know I'm a bit early, but I've had extra time to spend at home (Jade has a cold) so I'm looking for things to keep me busy.

I recently bought my first baby monitor too! We didn't need/have one with Jade since when she was born her room was right next to ours. Now that we live in a two story house, I thought I'd get one since we are downstairs and baby will be upstairs. I just tried it out with Jade, she thought it was pretty cool when I set it up in her room. She sat on her bed going "hello mommy, can you hear me? Can you hear me?" while I responded in the other room. I think she thought it was a walkie talkie, lol!

I have plenty of clothes (Thanks friends!) blankets, socks, toys, wash clothes, booties, wipes, even diapers! I'm really looking forward to doing cloth diapers from nearly the start with baby number two. I say "nearly" because I figure I'll use disposables the first month or two while I'm still in the recovery and getting use to my new life stage. Then I'm switching to the super cool BumGenius 3.0 diapers!

Thanks to my Mother-in-law I was also able to get babies room decorated in the nautical theme we wanted to go with, so even that is pretty much ready!

I'm also thinking about the actual labor and delivery part. Since I'm doing a home birth this time around I have found myself realizing all the wonderful freedom I will have during labor. I am creating a list of things I want to try to help distract me during the slow part of labor (when it's just pain and contractions). Some of the ideas on my list are "playing xbox, preferably killing games like Halo and Star Wars, watching romantic comedies, listening to light, upbeat music, taking walks outside (weather permitting), having and reading off a list of some of my favorite scripture verses to keep me focused on the Lord, especially when I feel like dying. lol Taking periodic showers to keep me relaxed (or baths), emailing, facebooking, and drinking/eating whatever I want if I want it!!! That last part is the most important. After laboring for over 27hrs (not including pushing time) all I was allowed was a little bit of juice and water...I felt so weak and horrible...not this time, if I need some energy via food, I'm gonna eat some energy!!

Anyway, those are some things on my mind right now. I know with babies you can't really plan anything. But I like the idea of having something thought or written out on the rare occasion I have a very routine, normal and pretty much boring labor and delivery experience. And if I don't, well, I'm pretty good with just going with the flow.

That's what on my mind lately. That and swollen feet, tired body, a huge baby belly and realizing it won't be much longer and I can burn these maternity pants if I so wish! hahahahaa!

3 comments:

Sarah: said...

Way to go Missi! You sound so great and organized! I went from a loooong labor with K to a 4 hour labor with Andrew! I will pray you have a wonderful, yet fast labor! I cannot wait to hear how it goes. Home births are wonderful!

-Sarah

Dee Dee said...

Excited about your home birth!

GJ and Vicka said...

I like the part with playing killing games:)
Vicka