Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another wonderful day

We gave Cutter his first bath later in the evening last night. It was quite a shock to the little guy and he got good and tired from all the crying and fussing over him. This turned him into quite the little sleeper, so Jonathan and I got lots of sleep!
My little angel is at that wonderful "I sleep all day and only wake to eat" stage. I find myself just staring at him even when he's not moving. Jade loves to do the same, giving him tender kisses and brushing his chubby little cheeks with her tiny fingers.
She insists to make his bouncy seat play music and show lights. It amuses her so well I don't mind and honestly I think Cutter loves the attention.
Grandma has been a wonderful help. She says she doesn't have enough to do, but she spent the whole morning doting over Jade, braiding her hair and dancing in princess dresses up in Jade's room. When she isn't playing with Jade she is helping me with Cutter, changing diapers, doing dishes, offering food and picking up around the house.
In comparison I've only changed a few diapers of Cutters so far, and today, while Mom was out running errands I got the joy of being the first to get peed all over. The little fountain went so high and fast I didn't know what to do. A change of clothes for both Cutter and I, and the floor had to be cleaned up with a rag. lol It's very different changing little boy diapers:)

It's kind of a gloomy day, but I don't mind so much, since I can't really go anywhere just yet. Spent most of the day relaxing on the couch, talking with mom, feeding my precious baby and checking emails. Though I did find time to watch a Sheer Genius episode and a Friends rerun. I also had a wonderfully long, long, shower and I'm starting to feel a bit human again.

6 comments:

Sarah: said...

Yeah! Hi is so cute and looks like a Bechtel!

-Sarah

Sarah: said...

okay that should say HE is so cute!

Camille Dawn said...

ah... yes, the difference in diapering boys, I can totally sympathize! Trey saw that Simple Cloth had teepee's... little tents to put over them when changing their diaper, just in case - he thought that was a riot! I will call soon to find out when you are up for visitors!

Rachelle said...

You look great Missi! I'm glad you are taking it easy. :)

Carrie said...

He is SO adorable!

Little new people are so exciting. =)

GJ and Vicka said...

He is so cute! I like the story about you being peed all over:) Sasha did it to me once with the change of clothes too:) Congratulation!!!