Friday, March 05, 2010

White Hair

I found my first white hair yesterday. I was so excited about it I almost made a general announcement during prayer time at bible study on Wednesday. hee, hee

I'm not really excited about white hair per say, it's just funny to see. It's like that first time when you realize a wrinkle on your face doesn't bounce back after you stop smiling, or when you wake up from what should have been a restful nights sleep and realize your back hurts and your muscles ache. Your growing older.

There is nothing you can do about growing older, despite our greatest efforts, so like my mom, I'm determined to embrace age and not freak out about it. So, seeing my first white hair in the mirror the other day brought a smile to my face instead of a frown. Here's to more white hairs, back aches and smile wrinkles!

1 comment:

Nic Ridley said...

you embrace your white hair so well! You remember how freaked I was when I found my first white hair a couple of months ago! lol!