Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter...and Easter cupcakes

So last time I posted I said I wanted to try to copy the Trophy cupcakes "Hi Hat" cakes. So last night I attempted them. A yummy devils food cupcake for the bottom and then whipped up some marshmallow meringue for the frosting.
considering I planned on dipping these in melted chocolate...in hinds sight...I wish I had made the meringue a bit stiffer.
Because dipping was a problem. Either it smashed my beautiful ice-cream design, or it pulled half of the frosting off. In the end I just drizzled a ton of chocolate over the top and refrigerated the cupcakes.
this is what my first attempted looked like after trying to dip in chocolate.
and my second. While it was much better, it flattened the frosting and the whole point of a "hi hat" cupcake is to have really high frosting. But that's okay, next time I make these they will be amazing! LOL (they taste great, btw)
So now to Easter. Here Jade is saying "Happy Easter, praise the Lord"
and here she is holding her basket, eagerly awaiting egg hunting.
Cutter had no interest in his basket, just the egg with fruit gummies he found inside. LOL
Here is my handsome family right before heading off to church!
We'll be spending our Easter dinner with a bunch of friends, complete with an Easter egg hunt that will have over 200 eggs to find:)

No comments: