Friday, November 02, 2007

Knock, Knock

This morning started like every other week day morning. Wake up, feed Jade, feed me, throw on some clothes, start work, take vitamins, drink water. Jade had gotten up early and by 8:15 was already read for her morning nap. "nice" I thought. Working in peace and quiet.

A little into my morning I heard a knock on the door. Who is that? I thought. I went down stairs, slowly, looked through the peep hole. No one. "hmmm". I opened the door just to be sure.

Back to work. *type, type. Type type.* "knock, knock. Knock, Knock". I stopped and listened to be sure it was the door. Sure sounded like it. Odd.

I returned again to the front door, checking first the peep hole before opening. No one. I walked outside, looked up and down the street. No kids that I could see. It's school hours anyway. odd.

As I was returning inside I heard the sound again, this time very loud *KNOCK, KNOCK* Slightly nervous I thought perhaps the sound was coming from our back yard, but then I looked up, right over our front door and there, pecking away was a bird!!! *knock, knock* A woodpecker? It didn't look like a woodpecker. "STOP THAT!" I screamed, more nervous then I sounded. The bird stopped and peered down at me. I freaked. "AH!" I said and ran upstairs as fast as I could.

*pulling open AIM* I franticly typed my husband to inform him of our problem. "What do I do?" he agreed that I could try to scare the bird away. So more confidently I returned to the front door. I started jumping up and down and making noises and telling it to leave. It just looked at me
Frustrated, but slightly tickled at this odd morning disturbance, I ran for my camera. One quick picture and flash scared the bird off.
That'll teach ya! lol What do you think? Bird experts out that, is it a woodpecker? Or just a bird looking for a place to nest? There is some red on the throat, not sure if you can tell that from this shot.

No comments: