Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Things I want to do this year

I know my year is almost over, but part of me feels like I'm only now realizing that I have a ton of energy and free time on my hands to start all those "projects" and "hobbies" I never seem to get around to doing.

Today I went to MOPS and during our discussion time we "discussed" how busy we are as Moms and thus never seem to have time for ourselves or to get anything extra done. But as we were talking in this manner I was struck by how much time I feel I really do have on my hands. Why don't I start managing my time better and accomplish more in my day?

At any rate, aside from wanting to be better about keeping the house clean, making sure laundry is done and having fun baking and trying out new recipes. I'd really like to pick up my old hobbies. Start painting more, pull out my dusty ol' flute and make some music with Jade.

The main thing I'd like to start before this year is over is a new throw quilt for our living room. The winter months scream for comfy blankets and I felt so accomplished the first time I attempted a throw quilt. There is an older gal at church who makes impeccable quilts. With much persuading, on my end, she said I could observe her or ask her help if I have any questions. Now all I need is to go out there and buy some lovely fabric. I don't think having enough time on my hands is my problem I think incentive is my issue. When given the option to:

a. watch a movie during my free time or
b. make a quilt

I some how always opt for a. lol!

At any rate, silly post, but that's what was on my mind today.

1 comment:

Sarah M. said...

Why couldn't you do both at the same time?

Happy Thanksgiving!