Sunday, November 25, 2007

My First Thanksgiving

This past weekend we celebrated my very first Thanksgiving. It was quite the event, let me tell you. Thursday morning we all woke up and ate a big yummy breakfast together. Then Mom spent most of the morning in the kitchen making food to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. We had lot s of good intentions to take TONS of pictures of my very first Thanksgiving...but then we forgot.Here I am near the end of the big meal. I really loved the twice-baked potatoes. Can you see the food left on my nose? Hee, hee.
All Thanksgiving Day we spent with good friends. We ate lots of food, played games, hung out, ate more food, talked, laughed and had an over all good time. Later that evening Dad took me home and said it was time for bed:( and Mom got to go out and see a movie (Enchanted) with her friends. I was a bit jealous, but at least I got to spend some quality time with Dad.

Friday morning Dad woke up SUPER early to go find fabulous Christmas presents for me. Sadly he said he didn't buy me any gifts. Later...around 6:30a.m. Mom woke me up so we could do our own Christmas shopping. We bought LOTS of stuff. I had fun shopping with mom.

Saturday we decided to go to a Christmas Tree Farm. I had never been to a Tree farm and wasn't sure it was all it was cracked up to be. Why was Mom so happy? We pulled into this woods! What? Then Mom was going, "What tree should we pick Jade?" I just stared at her like, "I do not care, pick which ever one you like."
It was cold, getting dark, and SO boring. The Christmas Tree Farm was not that cool. Plus, Mom couldn't decide which tree she wanted and finally, when she did decide, she picked the biggest, toughest tree of them all to cut down. Poor Dad, he had to work really hard. Good thing he is super strong.
Mom made him pose for this picture, I don't think he wanted to. hee, hee. When we drove up to pay for the tree we realized we didn't bring enough cash, we dug around and found enough pennies and dimes to pay our bill, but the kind people at the farm told us to keep the pennies and enjoy our tree. Mom thought that was really sweet, Dad thought they just didn't really care to keep all our pennies.
So here is our tree, Mom says she may need a few more ornaments. It's a big tree, probably 8 or 9 feet tall! It's also REALLY fat. Mom likes the tree, I like the tree...I think Dad likes it too.
We even have a few presents under it already. How was everyone else's Thanksgiving weekend?

5 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

Love the pics! Love yours and Jade's white hats! Your tree is perfect!

Kristen said...

That is a huge tree! Wow! :)

Amy K said...

That's so great you went to a tree farm. There simply is no comparison between "tree farm" and "Target parking lot." We did this once when we lived in California. I'd like to do it again this year but I don't know if we can find good tree lots here in Indy ... we'll see.

Cristy said...

Oh my goodness Missi. I love reading your blogs. You have the cutest way of saying things and really make me smile =). I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving.
Cristy

Anonymous said...

You guys look adorable in your hats i love them! Was Enchanted good? Was it sweet or just sorta funny?-Li