Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not much to say, just a little update of sorts

I caught a cold over the weekend it seems. One of those fabulous colds that feels as though your head may explode, and blowing your nose only helps for about one second. lol! I am doing much better today, but I'm still not back to my normal self.

yesterday I bought Jade a potty chair, it's a cool kind with a lid you can open and close. Jade likes that, she likes to open and close the lid and sit down and get off, and sit down and get off, and sit down and...well you get the idea. We had one success this morning with potty training so I'm pretty much feeling like a supermom. Who cares if she had multiple accidents in-between. hee,hee.

Our little dog Coco, or Cocoa, or however we decide to spell it, is doing pretty good. She isn't quite potty trained yet, which is slightly frustrating to me. She does so good during the week, but somehow over the weekend it's like she forgets what I've been working with her on. *sigh* We did just buy her a harness for taking her on walks (she hates her collar and leash) and walking to the mailbox this morning she seemed to have figured out how to follow me while being on the leash. I hope she learns soon, I am looking forward to taking my dog and my daughter on walks this summer!

The past week and then this weekend were really busy for me. I love being busy and having places to go, but I wonder if part of the reason I am sick is to force me to slow down a bit. Here I recently wrote about how great it is not to be busy and then I have been busy and crazy and I need to slow down and spend a whole day at home with Jade and Coco and myself. So as much as I HATE being sick, I'm glad to have an excuse to stay home and just take care of myself and my family.

Having my brother, Nate, here has been great. I'm sure he is bored out of his mind in the evenings but it's just nice having a bit of family around. Jade also adores him and he loves her and plays with her and yes, watches her for us. We have already had him babysit for us twice in the whole week and two days that he has lived with us:) "Thank you, Nate!"

Anyway, I have a quiet house right now with both the puppy and Jade sleeping. I'm working on a few things for work and then I have some shirts to iron and some dishes to do...and that's pretty much all I have planned for myself today. So nice:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Missi... Hope you feel better soon! I was wondering how it was going with the puppy... Just hang in there a bit with the potty training... I promise she will get it figured out eventually! I remember getting so frustrated with our last puppy, Tanner when he had the same problem. If you try to keep her 'schedule' of going out/feeding/etc the same (as much as possible) on the weekend as you do during the week, she may catch on a bit faster. Even so, they have their own ideas - much like kids! Hope you can enjoy this stage some anyway... They are only puppies for such a short time! And then they are big galoots - or at least mine are! :)
Autumn

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, it's a wonderful life...Jeanne