Thursday, October 02, 2008

Going green!

Well, I'm not really going "Green" for green sake, more for my sanity sake. The amount I spend on disposable diapers every month and the amount of trash we accumulate every week...is starting to make me go insane.

Jade is so smart, and so big and so ready to be potty training any...month now! (lol) That I figured we can just stop buying her diapers and maybe go another route. The answer...Cloth diapers!!

I stopped by Simple Cloth that just opened up in downtown Olympia and had the gal tell me all about the many options of cloth diapers that are now available for us.
I was most attracted to the Knicker Nappies both for the simplicity of use but also because you can pull them up and down like a pair of panties (or pull-ups) for potty training your toddler (or baby). They are super cool, with this special pocket at the top that you insert the cool "Loopy-Do" inserts. When the baby goes potty you just pull the insert out and put the diapers in a diaper pail to wash later or stick in the wash right away. I've been using these for almost a week now and so far I'm thrilled!
They are very absorbent and the special outside liner holds in moisture very well. Jade can notice the difference a little bit though and is able to tell me right away when she's gone potty. We are still trying to teach her to to tell mommy before she needs to go potty, but that will come soon enough. For now we'll save some money on diapers and maybe help the environment while we are at it:)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Vicka said...

I want that kind of diapers too!!!