Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Day

From Jade: Today Dad and Mom took me to the pumpkin patch. When we first got there we had to wait around to catch a ride to the actual pumpkin patch, so I killed time by checking out the animals. Dad lifted me high so I could tough a Llama, Mom wasn't to excited about that and she said she had to stand far away. I'm not sure why.
I spent a lot of time trying to touch and feed the goats. Mom and Dad are cheap so they didn't buy me any actual feed to give the goats, so I tried to give them sawdust instead. Apparently goats are smart, because they didn't eat it.
Finally we got our tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch. At first I wasn't to sure about the whole thing. We were out in a muddy field full of orange balls.
But then Daddy got down and showed me that you could pick up the balls...er...pumpkins and carry them around.
I found a good one. I said, "ma ma!" and Mommy turned around with her camera to take a picture.
Then I tried to pick up the pumpkin and...ya, it was to heavy.
But then I found another pumpkin, it was just the right size. I could carry it every where. Eventually I got bored with it and threw it on the ground.
Mom picked me up and we walked around for awhile until we found a better pumpkin.
Then, we got back on the tractor ride to go pay for our pumpkins. I am bummed here because Dad's pumpkin is bigger then mine.
I wonder if I could steal it away from him when he isn't looking?
After we paid for our pumpkin (or I should say, Dad paid for them) We got a cart to pull the heavy pumpkins to our car. I'm a pretty big girl so I offered to help Dad pull them the long way to the car.
But then I got this brillant idea, why walk when you can ride? And so I told Dad he was super strong (beef up his pride, ya know) and he let me ride in the cart.
All in all, it wasn't a bad day. I got a pretty cool pumpkin and so did Dad. Poor mom, she was so busy taking my pictures she never found one for herself. Maybe next year.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

We were there today, too, with the Mercier family. Jade is so cute. And you tell a great story with your photos. Wasn't it a gorgeous day?

Nic Ridley said...

Jade, I think your tiny pumpkin is way cooler than your Dad's big pumpkin! lol! -Cousin CJ

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun, I want to go to a pumpkin patch,lol. I love jade's little pumpkin, and she looks so cute riding in the wheelbarrow with the pumpkin!
Li

Missi said...

lol, yes, we both wore our rain boots, Dad wore hiking boots though.
lol, I think Jade was more worried about the tractor ride, I just said she wanted daddy's pumpkin:)