Sunday, February 08, 2009

Bathing beauty

Jade sure loves bath-time. It's been fun to see how she's gone from hating bath time to loving bath time, to hating it again and now...loving it all over. She's found it a great place to play and be imaginative. Now that she talks more, I love to listen to her pretending with her tub toys and hearing her laugh at jokes, I assume she must be making to her toys.

She reads ALL the time. For Christmas she got so many new books and she "Reads" them all the time. Right now some of her favorites are the stack of "Clifford" books that Aunt Autumn bought for her. Earlier this afternoon Jonathan came in my room looking for Jade "she's been quiet for an awful long time, where is she?" he says. I reply "I bet she's reading in her room". Sure enough, he went up stairs and found her on her bed surrounded by a pile of books.

I think buying her the bed was one of the smartest things we've done so far. I was worried we were jumping the gun a bit on buying her a big kid bed. But no, not only has falling out of it not been a problem at all, but she loves being able to lay on her bed while reading books at any given time during the day.

Not being a big book reader, it warms my heart to see Jade following after her daddy and loving every minute spent with a book in hand. I hope this passion lasts for the rest of her life. We'll see.

Jade is becoming more articulate, it seems every morning there is something new we didn't know she knew how to say. This morning she requested "Cottage cheese" for breakfast.

I guess that's all the update I have for now. Happy Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How precious!
Li