Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cutting Jade's Hair

My daughter has been blessed with lovely, long, beautiful hair. I love her hair, I love playing with it, brushing it, washing it, bragging about it, etc. But the past few weeks it has been driving both her, and me, completely crazy. Despite the fact that it must be done a million times a day to stay out of her lovely face, it also has been tangling like mad. So, I decided it was time to cut it all off. Hee, hee.
Here are two pics of her lovely mane. I kept her distracted by having her brush her teeth. Then decided her hair wasn't wet enough, so I gave her a bath. After the bath I sprayed her hair with some de-tangling spray that my Mom suggested I buy (amazing, btw, if other moms out there have not tried it yet. And cheap too. I got my big bottle for $1.88 at wal-mart)
Then, taking a deep breath, I cut all her hair off. I honestly didn't mean to cut it quite this short...but it will grow back pretty fast.
After her cut I tried to give her a blow dry. She liked that at first, but quickly became bored and irritated.
Here she is playing around, I love this shot, shows great movement huh?
Being all cute and coy. Love my little munchkin.
*sigh*. Anyway, so even though she has gone to "Jack and Jills" back when she was 12mon old to have her bangs cut and an odd tail in the back of her head shortened to meet the rest of her hair. I want to say this really is her first "Real" hair cut. And I gave it to her! I'm so proud of myself.

5 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

I can't believe you cut her hair! But it's really cute!

Sarah: said...

It looks so cute!
-Sarah

Kristen said...

Nice job, Missi! It looks good. Very pretty, Jadey Lady!

Amy K said...

Good job on the cut! At least she didn't decide to give herself her first haircut. ;-)

Cristy said...

You did a great job, Missi! She looks so adorable-like a doll.