Saturday, September 25, 2010

Friday craft

Pretty much everything that Mother Lode posts I want to do with Jade. Fridays are "craft day" that I do with Jade and two of her friends. Having her friends there help me to make sure the craft happens instead of putting it off.
Last week we did Alphabet Rocks and this week we tried tracing and embroidering our hand prints. Now, I originally had planned a craft that involved paint and blocks and lots of mess, so last minute I decided to do the hand print craft. Because I didn't plan out this craft, we used regular fabric that I had on hand, and regular sewing thread instead of embroidery thread.
If you try this yourself, I would recommend using the correct fabric (I'm not sure what it's called but it has the little holes in it, like burlap) and embroidery thread.

Even still, we got the needed effect and Jade was VERY excited to try her "hand" at sewing. Hee, hee. Was that a funny pun? LOL

No comments: