Tuesday, September 07, 2010

My birthday weekend

I feel like I have been on a long weekend since last Wednesday. Why? Because it was my birthday week!

Wednesday evening I joined my husband at a nice restaurant for a work related dinner. I had an excuse to dress up and we got a sitter for the kids.

Thursday (my birthday, and my mom's birthday...Happy birthday Mom!) I met a friend at The Bread Peddlers in downtown Oly for lunch. Following lunch more friends came over in the afternoon to hang out with us and watch movies!
After dinner (I made home made Gyros!) Jonathan and Jade surprised me with a special birthday cake. If you look closely you can see this cake is covered in crushed graham crackers (for sand), air head candy's were stretched and smashed together to create beach towels and then he used a flip flop cookie cutter and gel icing to make little flip flops. SO cute!
Friday night a few couples joined us at "Hop Jacks" for happy hour appetizer and drink specials. After dinner, having time to kill and nothing to do, a few of us took a walk over to the near by Lowes (yes, I said Lowes) to just kill time. Here is a pic of us ladies trying out some patio furniture.
Saturday was also super fun, I spent pretty much the WHOLE day at South Center, shopping with three of my friends (Kristen isn't pictured in the pic below). We all had a really great time
Monday (yesterday) made the weekend that much longer since Jonathan had the day off. It was great having an extra day to get stuff done around the house and hang out together. Another friend of ours had his birthday, so we joined them for a fancy steak dinner and some yummy dessert after.

No comments: