Friday, October 14, 2005

Jonathan: Beginnings

Since this blog is supposed to be about Missi and me, I guess it should start with some clues about how we ended up together.

Honestly, as much as it shames me, I cannot remember the first time I met Missi. Vanessa would talk about her some, usually about how she was perfect and got all the boys, so I was intrigued when I heard she was coming out to HSLDA.

She struck me as professional, quiet, beautiful (of course), and a little hard to read. As time progressed I found myself looking for excuses to visit her office, and wishing she would pop into mine for M&M's. We hung out in different circles, though, so I didn't see her much outside of work.

Shortly after she arrived I found out she had a new boyfriend, which pretty much closed down any thoughts I had of becoming better friends with her. But joy of all joys, when I finally got up the courage months later to ask Nic if Missi and Ben were still together, I found out she had dumped the guy! I had a chance again!

Being the cautious chicken that I am, however, I didn't act on that chance, and by the time I had started to think about her again, she had another boyfriend. Bummer! So I just kept up my "business" trips to her office, and tried to hang out whenever I got the chance. I still couldn't quite figure out what she really thought of me, though, so I didn't really think our friendship would ever go anywhere.

In mid-spring I found out about a job opportunity in Washington State, and announced to my co-workers that I would be leaving in 3 weeks. Suddenly Missi re-appeared in my life in a big way...

1 comment:

Nic Ridley said...

Yep - Missi was in pretty much high demand...glad you rose to the challenge and snatched her up, though. =) You're alright yourself. ;-)