Friday, October 21, 2005

Missi: Pretty much the end of the world...

It's like 3000 miles. Come on....

So, Jonathan leaves, I go into depression and one day decide..."this just isn't right. He's right there in front of me. He's sitting there, on AIM, waiting for me to say "Hi," why don't I? We are friends, I can do that." *pout*

*clock ticking*

"Okay, I'm gonna say "hi"

And that's what I did. About three or four times. It took me that long to realize we were never gonna carry on a conversation on AIM, since we both were at work and couldn't be "chatting." So I figured the only solution to this was to get his email address. I wasn't really sure how to get it in a "sneaky" fashion. So I just asked him for it.
After I did, I was in such a crazy mood and figured he would totally not expect a funny email from me....I couldn't wait 24 hours to write him a "Melissa" email.

Full of random silliness, and needless nothings, I figured the email looked and acted like nothing more then "friendship" and thus I was safe.

But then there was this other guy...He was nice, kind, funny, and in Virginia. And I was sad, lonely and...in Virginia. We started hanging out and it didn't take me to long to realize that he was starting to "like" me. I liked the guy, he was really cool...but, I didn't want to start something with him...not yet at least. For some random reason I decided to seek Jonathan for advice.

To my great shock, Jonathan had pretty much nothing encouraging to say about the newly budding relationship. His only encouragment was to start putting up "red lights" to tell the guy I wasn't interested. Around this time our not-yet-daily emails became daily emails (this was in like...June) I realized this was a topic of discussion that Jonathan was interested in and all of a sudden I found myself becoming more and more open with JB and realizing more and more just how much I really did like this guy.

Guilt filled my soul, as I knew my long, pretty much daily emails were interupting his work days and study time. I didn't want to be a distraction while he was studying for the Bar, but the more we talked the more I didn't want him to just disappear in the huge expanse of miles that seperated us.

The week he took the Bar I decided I needed to back off. We had been chatting on emails for 3 months now and honestly...where was this going?

No comments: