Thursday, November 12, 2009

Funny little things Jade says

The other day we were in the car driving home. It was rainy and cloudy and almost dusk-like even though it was about 11am. I heard Jade in the backseat talking to herself saying...

"Hello Moon! oh, no moon. Hello Sun, oh no sun. Hello stars! Oh, no stars, Hello blue sky, oh no blue sky. Hello birds, where are you birds?"

Then the other day when a big stink bug was crawling around on Jade's floor she got me to come see. I was really upset and told that stink bug he wasn't allowed in our house I said "you tell him Jade". So Jade said "you have to leave, you aren't allowed in our house". A few seconds later Daddy came over with a paper towel and got rid of the critter for us...permanently.

Jade is becoming quite the talker and doing pretty well on pronunciations of things. Though, she still calls "Hiccups" "Make-ups" and "Buttons" are still "Butts". But we are getting closer.

When daddy is home working on the computer she'll ask him "Oh, you working on your email?" guess she knows what I do all day.

Two of her favorite cartoons are Dora and Diego. If we are out anywhere and she's 'running" while holding my hand she'll say "I'm running fast like Diego, I go, go, go!" she'll also play pretend with her toys and if I ask her what she is doing she'll say "I'm playing Dora. You want to be Boots?". lol I think Boots is the monkey character. Nice.

Sometimes when she finds me laying down in the middle of the day, she'll ask me "Your tummy hurts?". It doesn't hurt any more but I guess those first three months really made an impression on her.

Of course she says tons of other cute stuff. But that's all I got for now

1 comment:

Kelly Sauer said...

Do you ever just stare at her and wonder where she learned how to say all that stuff? I can't get over it with Pip - one minute she's hollering wordlessly at me to get me to meet her needs, and now she's telling me stories!