Tuesday, November 24, 2009

MOPS, Cleaning and a Party

Today was MOPS day (Mothers of Preschoolers). I wasn't planning on attending really since I still have the dregs of a cold going on. But when our normal sound system person wasn't going to be there and I, being the fill in, was suppose to step up. I did what any good wife would do and asked my husband (who happened to have the day "off" though he's still working via email) to come with me to MOPS and work the sound system for me. hee, hee

So while he was up working on his day off I got to enjoy a relaxing, enjoyable time with my MOPS gals. Our table has grown significantly in the past couple weeks so conversation is never at a loss. Sometimes I wonder if I talk to much at my table, but then afterward I feel like I've had a such a great release (talking with adults does wonders for your sanity) that I don't even care.

Needless to say I'm glad I went to MOPS and got some laughing and talking and just plain old good fellowship with my friends today.

Now I have a bathroom to clean and linens to find (we don't' really have extra linens for when company comes) to get ready for my Sis, Jo, and her college roomates, as they are joining us for Thanksgiving this week.

Then tonight I'm hosting a "Partylite" party at my house. I know, crazy to throw a house party on the week of Thanksgiving. But who knows, maybe there are half crazed people out there who just need a break from all their holiday prep and get a few hours of fun at my house.
Of course, I've had quite a few people cancel on me, so I'm worried I'll have to eat my apple, toffee, cheesecake all by myself. That and my dip and crackers and fruit and cheese...and apple cider drink. Oh well. If anyone around here, who reads my blog, wants to come help me eat food and play some games and look at candles...COME TO MY PARTY! lol

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving this week. I get to make a turkey, and sides and dessert and sweet potatoes and I even got a book on Thanksgiving to read between courses to Jade:) Thanksgiving is a wonderful day and I'm so glad that we have this day, every year, set aside to celebrate, reflect, remember and just be plain old thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buon ringraziamente!

Missi said...

no, I don't like to help people's waistlines, I like to feed them comfort foods that make them happy:) Then I say "hey, you wanna go walking with me later this week" lol. jk

Rachelle said...

I have some extra sheets and blankets if you need some. They are older but no holes. :)

Cristy said...

I have 2 air mattresses if you need more sleeping room.