Monday, October 23, 2006

For the love of chapstick

I am not a very loyal chapstick buyer, sometimes I buy it and sometimes I don't. But when I do have chapstick in my purse I tend to find myself using it all the time!

I bought chapstick a few months ago and its still going strong. I find myself putting it on 6 or 7 times a day and then at night, after I've been laying in bed for like 20 minutes, I often get up to go grab more chapstick to wear while I sleep. This is a very odd thing I think, why do I do this? I think its because without even knowing it, I must sleep with my mouth open, so the breathing dries out my lips. And who wants dried out lips? Not I.

That being said I spoke with a women yesterday who desperatly needed chapstick, she needed it so badly I reached my hand into my purse, grabed out my chapstick, and then I realized it would be terribly rude and unfeeling for me to offer her some chapstick. So even though I was already wearing lipstick...I put chapstick on my lips. Had I been thinking clearly I could have been like "oh, hey, you want some?" but on a better thinking note, do I really want her lip germs on my chapstick? Hmm...

Soon my chapstick will be all gone, I'll miss it for a few days but then I'll forget I ever needed it so badly in my life, and I'll most likely go six months without buying more chapstick. Then I'll call my mom and I'll say "mom, my lips are dry all the time, what should I do?" and she will very practically tell me to "drink more water" duh? Why is it water is usually the solution to everything. Its the solution for all beauty issues (skin, hair, nails, tongue), weight loss, what to order at a resturant when you aren't sure what drink to order...pretty much it answers all the worlds problems. I love water, and its free. Why don't I just drink more water and forget chapstick all together? I'll tell you why? Because deep down, I love chapstick. I always have and I always will:)

No comments: