Friday, October 20, 2006

Short People are people too!

There are a lot of good things that come from being a short person, here are 10 things that I just thought of like two seconds ago.

1. People always think you are "cuter" then you really are
2. No one expects you to be able to lift heavy things
3. Guys tend to think they are really tall when they are around you...so you generally have a lot of guy friends
4. You can always try on "display" shoes at the mall without waiting for a service rep
5. You don't have to duck your head when you take walks and you pass under low hanging branches
6. Your age is usually a mystery until you reach like 45, people always guess you as younger
7. You always find the best hidding places when you play "hide and seek"
8. No one can every fit into your clothes, so you never have to be emberressed if someone needs to borrow clothes and you don't have any that are clean
9. Your easily passed over in a crowd so if you are trying to ignore someone...they usually can't see you anyway:)
10. You always have something to complain about when you need to, because, of course, everyone wants to be "tall" even if secretly we all know everyone wishes they were short.

But something that isn't so hot about being short...is the fact that Costco discriminates against short people. I have no problems with people thinking they don't like short people, but when they actually create technology which outwardly shows their disdain...that, that I have problems with.
Let me explain. Last year, when I got my first Costco card, I stood on the little sticker feet infront of the blue screen and smiled my big, honkin' smile. When they printed out the card...my CHIN WAS CUT OFF!! You could barely see my head! It was like...my mouth and up! I made some comment about the fact my whole head wasn't in the shot, but the lady just shrugged and said that was the best she could do.

So this year, I go to get my new card and I assume last years drama was just because of a bad photographer. But nope! You don't even see my neck, its just like "head". Hello? JB got like his shirt collar in his picture! How come mine is like this pasted on head in the tiny box? Just because I'm short, why can't they lower the camera? Or give me a box for Pete's sake.

What is a short girl gonna do? Sue them? Maybe that's what I should do. Not exactly a Christian response, but definatly I'd get my point across that short people are people too!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wear high heels next time. I never thought I was taller than you but I always get neck on up in the pics. My guess is the west coast costco cameras are prejudice and aimed for tall people.

Missi said...

lol, you are probably right:)

Linds said...

I have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Short People Rock!" Maybe get one of those and put it on your Costco card?? :)
JB - hope you're feeling better!

Missi said...

Yes! That is what I need for my costco card! A cool bumper sticker!