Sunday, July 15, 2007

Grandma's Layover ~ From Jade

Aaaa, hello my friends. This is me, Jade, talking to you all from a pretty little french resturant in Seattle. (actually I am no longer there, but that is where the below picture was taken).
My mother took me driving on Saturday morning, we found Grandma Mangione and her friend, Mary, at the airport. Apparently Grandma had a very, very long layover in Seattle on her way to Alaska and mom thought it would be fun to take them to Pike's Place Market for lunch and some sight seeing.
However, in my mom's rush to leave the house she forgot to bring me toys, so here I am at this fine French resturant and all I have to play with is a pocket measuring tape. Thankfully, it was fun to eat.
Grandma and Mary loved the french resturant, we got to sit outside and could see the bay from our seats. Here I am pretending to be shy and cute and uninterested. I loved the attention though!
While Mary was holding me Grandma M started making all sorts of funny faces, that was so fun! Half way through lunch Grandma gave me a piece of bread to munch on, yummm.
After lunch we walked all over, first all through the Farmers Market then down to the bay and all along the streets near the water, then back up many, many hills were we window shopped at fine art stores, checked out a wedding dress shop and had fun taking pictures of pig statues (not shown). Grandma and Mary said it was the best layover they have had!
I say...let's do this again some time soon!






4 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

So jealous!

GJ and Vicka said...

Yes! I just drop Mom and Mary at the airport to fly to Port Alsworth. I had them yesterday and it was so nice, but they were really tiered... I like all your pictures I am waiting for GJ to putt some new pictures on our blog.
-Vicka

Kristen said...

Cute pictures!

(It made me laugh that you have "lusty ladies" in the background of that last one...oh my.)

Missi said...

lol! Yeah, Mary had me do that on purpose. I tried to take the pic to pretend we didn't notice there was a nasty sign behind the girls. Hee, hee