Monday, July 23, 2007

Hello out there

I feel like I'm starting to have a busier life. Sure I still get bored around 1pm every day, no matter what...but I now am becoming more involved in my church, I hang out more with friends and I'm starting to tackle projects I've been avoiding for years. I'd really like to get back to some of my old hobbies, I know I have a creative side to me but bringing it out can be so much work!

For the past 7 months I've been working on a DVD for my grandparents 50th Anniversary. I need to have it finished pretty soon here, but everytime I sit at my computer and start to work on it, I find myself dancing around the room with Jade to the fun music that goes with the DVD. Then I try to sit back down again to work and my mind goes blank. I say all that to explain to all my faithful readers why it's so hard to be creative. hahahaha. Ok, so that doesn't really explain anything except for the fact I'm easily distracted and can't focus well...

The sun has also been in hidding for FOREVER! It's killing me, it really is. I can't function without sunshine. I have to force myself to get up and move when it's gloomy out. Not to mention the beginnings of a summer tan have now started to fade since I haven't been in the sun in awhile. WHY? Why Lord? Doth the farmers need more rain this year? Doth my life be so small and unmeaningful that the lack of sunshine really shouldn't effect me as badly as it seems to?

You know, one good thing about all this gloom is it makes me feel gloomy. Now, that might be a bad thing, but when I am gloomy I tend to try to think deeply. Lately I've been thinking deeply about politcs and where I stand. I've been reading and researching and complaining to my husband on a daily basis about all the humans in this world whose politics are SO messed up. I've also be more enthralled with religion and the lack there of in my life. Yes, I am a born again Christian, and yes I read my bible and pray...but sometimes I feel like that is all there is to my walk with God. I do desire more, I want to have a stronger relationship, I want to just bubble over with the love of Christ for all to see.
I've gotten some books, and bible studies, and just been picking older ladies brains at church and hearing about their lives. I should have them all over for tea, wouldn't they love that? All...two of them:) LOL! I should go buy some tea cups, I have none.

Dance, Dance Revolution is my favorite workout ever!! The workout mode tells you how many calories you burn on each song, and lets you sent goals for the day. It's so fun, what is better then dancing as your very first activity for the day?

I got my sewing machine fixed this weekend. I now am going to start mending the curtians in this house that are falling apart (the people who owned the house before left their old curtians). I then want to start working on other projects in the house, starting in Jade's room. I can't wait to decorate her room!

I feel like watching a old Disney cartoon...."when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are..."

2 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

Pinocchio, yes, yes! I have that movie too - I should watch it. =)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, you should have the "old" ladies over for tea and some DDR show downs, lol. Then you can eat all the scones and clotted cream you want. In all seriousness, though, some of my friends here in NorCal were lamenting the fact that we don't know any of the "old" people in our church and there's no way to interact with them other than walking up and saying "hi, can I be friends with you because you're old and probably have a lot of wisdom and perspective on life?"