Sunday, July 01, 2007

San Juan Island ~ From Jade

Hi all! It has been one crazy week. My parents have been running around like mad, packing boxes, unpacking boxes, going here, going there. Honestly, I don't know what's gotten into them.

This weekend they got this crazy idea to go for a VERY long drive. The first three hours were't that big of a deal but then they decided to park in a great big line with a whole bunch of other cars and just sit there. I don't know what they were thinking. So I told them I didn't want to sit in my car seat any more and lucky for me, daddy brought me up front to play games with me.
Recently I cut my very first set of teeth. Mom has been so excited about it, you would have thought I was the very first person on earth to ever get teeth. She said this picture was taken so everyone could see my little "chompers", it's kind of hard to see them though...cause they are pretty small.

After about 2.5 hours the big line of cars finally got moving, and wouldn't you know we drove a couple feet only to stop again. Dad and Mom got out of the car this time and said we were going to "tour the ferry". I didn't know what a "Ferry" was so I figured it would be pretty interesting. And man was it, a ferry is just a fancy word for "very big, ugly, boat that holds lots of cars". lol! It was cool though, my first ride on a ferry.
We road on the ferry for about an hour, Mom said we finally made it to the "San Juan Islands" and we got off at Friday Harbor. Some where on the Island was a whole bunch of cabins and one of those tiny cabins was were Dad and Mom planned to stay for a few days. There was a whole bunch of people there that I didn't know, but everyone seemed super nice and everyone said I was "cute", so I liked them all well enough after that.
The next morning dad and I chilled in the living room drinking coffee and eating breakfast. I'm getting super big now so sometimes I like to sit up being proped up with lots of pillows. I guess I look pretty cute cause Mom took lots of pics of me sitting with dad.
That morning Dad decided he should do more then just sit and talk with all his friends. So he borrowed a kayak and away he went. I decided to take a nap while he took his little adventure so I told Mom to take a quick pic of Dad. Doesn't he look cool?
Later that afternoon mom decided to put me in my bathing suit (no pic, sorry) and she in hers and go "sun bathing". Granted, after mom put my suit on she put more clothes over me to keep me from burning but she said it was the "look" that counted. We sun bathed and read books and talked with friends and before long all of us packed into cars and went "whale watching" not to far from where we were staying. We saw a few "fins" and we assume they were some kind of whale or orca or something, we even saw a few seals, which was really neat.

Before you knew it our beauitful Saturday was over, we didn't stick around for to long on Sunday since Dad and Mom knew it was a long trip back.
As we were waiting for our next ferry, get back to the main land, Dad and Mom found a really cute cafe to buy coffee and Italian soda at. I was bummed they wouldn't let me have any. Waa.

The ferry ride back was even more fun the on the way over. I was so happy and Mom kept taking pictures. I LOVE pictures. I did my biggest smile ever, it was so big I had to shut my eyes to make more room on my face for the grin.
It was such a sunny day I could see all the mountians and the water really well and it was warm and so nice
but it has been a long week and weekend and boy am I tired. Lucky for me I can sleep where ever I need to cause my Dad is so big and strong he just holds me tight so I can sleep.

3 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

These pictures are awesome! The one with Jade asleep in J's arms is so cute! Jonathan looks so cute as a Daddy!

Kristen said...

Cutest. Pictures. Ever. I love that one of her smiling and squinting! Hahaha!

Rachelle said...

Cute photos! What a fun girl! I should have had mom take a photo of you in your cool bathing suit. -Kyri