Monday, July 09, 2007

I feel like there is a lot that is "new" with me. Let's see...

As you all know, we recently moved into our first home (before we were renting). This past week and weekend all we have been doing is shopping for house stuff, buying house stuff, putting together house stuff...and working on the house. I started weeding our garden and JB has been working on fixing our underground sprinkler system and mowing our little yard.
I've found that spiders really love roses and I think I managed to get freaked over finding a spider about 5 million times. I've never taken care of roses before, so this weekend I rented a book from the library on how to care for roses. My first step is to figure out what kind of roses I even have in my yard.

I got inspired to go on a very short juice fast this weekend. Partly for health reasons and mostly for diet reasons. I got this wacky idea that if I did nothing but drink juice for two days straight, maybe that would shrink my belly and I wouldn't eat as much. Sunday morning I woke up about 5am thinking I was going to throw-up everywhere. I was shaking so badly I couldn't even hold Jade or get up. I was pretty pathetic. So I opted to allow myself to eat strawberries and have some chicken broth.
I'm glad my little "fast/diet" is over with and I can be normal again. I think next time I try to fast I should really do it for spiritual reasons and not to effect my figure:)

Sunday afternoon we were out shopping for cabinets and storage solutions for the office. We got some things and headed off for the car. While JB was trying to lift the extremly heavy items into our car, the cart he was using to lean some of the weight of the cabinet on started to roll away. JB had to twist himself in a very odd fashion in order to keep the cabinet from crashing to the floor. This in turn caused him to twist his knee out of joint. The pain was really bad, it took him awhile before we could get him in the car and at home. I told him he wasn't allowed to do anything all day but sit and watch football. He was pretty good for a few hours, sat like a good boy with an ice pack on his knee and watched old football reruns. But before long he was up and about and saying he was fine.

I rented "children of men" last night. *yawn* It could have been more interesting I think. Why does it seem most movies have to make some sort of politcal statement? Why do movie producers think they are so deep and smart? Why does everyone think they know the answers to the worlds problems? Don't people know, I am the only one who has all the answers. *sheesh* lol!

Church on Sunday was really sad/good. One of the military families who attend are church lost her husband in Iraq. He is a helicopter pilot. She found out the news of her husband death on the Fourth of July. I wanted to cry so hard when the pastor was telling the story. Not only has her husband been serving our country for many, many years, but when his helicoptor got hit he gave his life to save his partner. His partner is in serious condition, but alive. It is rare for me to hear modern day stories of real heros, the stories I do hear are so distant from me it's hard for me to even relate to them. But I know this women, we've gone to "mom's day at the park" together. I've seen her girls and little boy around church and talked with them. Can you even imagine?
The whole sermon was basically dedicated to this man and his family.

On a lighter note, we bought a new grill this weekend! That was one of the most exciting purchases we got. I can't wait to start grilling, I plan on doing bbq chicken tonight! woohoo!
Hope everyone else had a nice weekend! Oh, and for some reason I can't get my computer to let me put a title on this post, so this is the title-less post:)

4 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

Hey Missi--I had that title problem yesterday when I posted. try clicking a little above the title box. I think the form is a little goofed on the web page.

SES said...

thanks for the scoop on what's going on in the B household, and thanks for sharing the heroic story of the family from church. That's really sad but also inspiring.

Nic Ridley said...

What an amazing story of the man giving his life for our country and his friend! How appropriate to learn of it on the Fourth.

Anonymous said...

Glad JB is ok and hope there are no complications. What football was he watching in July?!

My bro, Nathan (in all his 6 ft 2 in glory), twisted his knee out of joint stuck in economy on a flight from Japan. I think it was just a good excuse to get immediately bumped to first class and be called "Mr. Phillips" and get really good food but he disagrees.